- First photos from 23. Helsinki Samba Carnaval
- New gallery: Finnish National Ballet on Summer Tour 2013
- New gallery: Arricone Big Band feat Reija Lang
- New gallery: Marimekko Fashion Show 2013
- Landcape photography course and workshops next summer in Saaremaa, Estonia
- New gallery: Império do Papagaio at Kallio Kukkii 2013 Festival
- New gallery: Circus Lumica in Kamppi Shopping Center
- New gallery: Winter Landscapes from Helsinki 2012-2013
- Art of landscape photography
- Art prints
- Photography course
- Photography equipment
- Street photography
Author Archives: Mikael
23. Helsinki Samba Carnaval was arranged on last weekend. This was the 5th year when I was photographing the Samba Carnaval for the The Association of Finnish Samba Schools (SSKL). Here are the first photos from the parade. I will add more photos during next weeks, and I will make also a second gallery for [...]
Finnish National Ballet performed last week on Kasarmintori square in Helsinki. This performance was part of their summer tour around Finland. This was a second year when Finnish National Ballet made a summer tour. You can see photos from last year performance here. The programme was a mix of classical ballet and contemporary dance. The [...]
Big Band Park Marathon was arranged at Espan lava on last Saturday (25.5.2013). I was hired to photograph the Arricone Big Band. Arricone Big Band presents a brand new collaboration amongst the top Finnish jazz musicians, led by arranger/conductor Erno Tiittanen. Together with vocalist Reija Lang they have created fresh big band flavours tributing the [...]
Marimekko arranged their annual summer fashion show in the Esplanade Park on last Friday (24.5.2013). This year, like last year, all the models of the show were dancers from the Finnish National Ballet and its Ballet School. Choreography was done by Johanna Nuutinen, and music by Matti Ahopelto. Dancers were: Sari Ikonen, Tiina Myllymäki, Charlotte [...]
KS Koolitus in Saaremaa, Estonia, arranges a lot of summer courses for Finnish customers. I will be teaching photography there two weeks during next summer. During first week I will teach landscape photography, and during second week I will have three shorter workshops: Lightroom, Basics of nature photography and Panorama photography. These courses will be [...]
Kallio Kukkii Festival was arranged 10.5.-19.5.2013. The festival offers different cultural events organized by various local associations, communities and enterprises. Part of this festival was also the parade that was arranged last Sunday. The main focus of the parade was The Samba School Império do Papagaio.
Kamppi shopping center arranged “spring opening event” on 12.4.2013. In addition to fashion shows and various musicians, also Circus Lumica had circus performance there. The five stories high lobby was perfect place for this circus performance!
Last winter was very photogenic in Helsinki You can see my best winter photos from Helsinki in this Winter Landscapes from Helsinki 2012-2013 gallery. The locations in Helsinki that are included to this gallery are: Lauttasaari, Suomenlinna, Kallahdenniemi, Ruutinkoski and Market Square. During this winter I was teaching in Kameraseura‘s advanced landscape photography course, and [...]
Miss Helsinki 2013 Final was arranged on 31.1.2013 in Apollo Live Club. Kelly Kalonji is new Miss Helsinki, Leina Ogihara is 1st runner-up, and Iina Immonen 2nd runner-up. Congratulations to them!
I visited Kuusamo at the end of February. I stayed in Kuusamo eight days: First five days I was teaching at the winter landscape photography course arranged by Kuusamo-opisto. The last three days I photographed according to my own schedule. It was not very cold, so the rapids were not very photogenic, but the Riisitunturi [...]