- First photos from 23. Helsinki Samba Carnaval
- New gallery: Finnish National Ballet on Summer Tour 2013
- New gallery: Arricone Big Band feat Reija Lang
- New gallery: Marimekko Fashion Show 2013
- Landcape photography course and workshops next summer in Saaremaa, Estonia
- New gallery: Império do Papagaio at Kallio Kukkii 2013 Festival
- New gallery: Circus Lumica in Kamppi Shopping Center
- New gallery: Winter Landscapes from Helsinki 2012-2013
- Art of landscape photography
- Art prints
- Photography course
- Photography equipment
- Street photography
Tag Archives: Riisitunturi
I visited Kuusamo at the end of February. I stayed in Kuusamo eight days: First five days I was teaching at the winter landscape photography course arranged by Kuusamo-opisto. The last three days I photographed according to my own schedule.
It was not very cold, so the rapids were not very photogenic, but the Riisitunturi and Konttainen had excellent snow in trees (“tykkylumi” in Finnish). So during these eight days, I photographed mostly “tykkylumi”. I climbed to three times both to the top of Konttainen and Riisitunturi fells. Other places that I visited were: Ruka Peak, Myllykoski, Käylänkoski, and Kiveskoski. Full moon was visible during my last day, and I went to Riisitunturi to photograph it. The last four photos in the gallery are photographed in the moonlight at the top Riisitunturi
For several years I have made few landscape calendars, that I have been giving as Christmas gifts to my friends. This year I decided to print a little bit larger batch, and have also some calendars for sale. Now you can get my landscapes easily to your wall by buying my calendar
You can see all the calendar photos in the picture below. Six photos are from Iceland (from my trip last August), three winter photos are from Lauttasaari (Helsinki), two from Riisitunturi (Posio) and one from Konttainen (Kuusamo). Size of the calendar is A3 (42 x 29,7 cm). Calendar has Finnish name days and holidays.
Price of the calendar is 15 € + postage. Order the calendar now by sending me email. The possible payment methods are Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.), advance payment to my bank account or bill. Calendars will be delivered 13.-16.12. (When I will run out calendars, I will edit this post.)
Jo useita vuosia olen tehnyt kuvistani maisemakalenterin, jota olen antanut ystävilleni joululahjaksi. Tämä vuonna päätin tulostuttaa hieman isomman erän, ja nyt minulla on myös kalentereita myynnissä. Kaikki kalenterin maisemakuvat on nähtävissä yllä. Kuusi kuvaa on Islannista, kolme Lauttasaaresta, kaksi Posiolta, ja yksi Kuusamosta.
Kalenterin koko on A3 (42 x 29,7 cm), ja siinä on suomalaiset nimipäivät ja juhlapyhät. Tilaa kalenteri lähettämällä minulle sähköpostia, kalenterin hinta on 15 euroa + postikulut. Kalenterin voit etukäteen tililleni, tai laskulla. Kalenterit toimitetaan 13.-16.12.
I have made four photography trips to Kuusamo since 2003. Based on the experiences in these trips, I decided to collect here some info about my favourite photography locations in Kuusamo.
- About 1.5 km walk from the parking lot (Google map link) is required to reach the top of Iivaara.
- Iivaara (info in Finnish) is very good location for sunset photography during summer and autumn, as you can see sun setting over several small lakes.
- I have not visited Iivaara during winter, and I assume that the road to the parking lot is not maintained during winter time.